After the success of Portugal as guest country in the last edition, 3D Wire has participated in the Portuguese event Cinanima through a conference, a screening and a meeting. 3D Wire’s collaboration with the Portuguese industry has just only begun. Ricardo Blanco, member of the Organizing Committee of Cinanima attended to Segovia as part of the Portuguese delegation, and undoubtedly, this cooperation between festivals happened there.
The conference, Animation and video games, when two worlds converge, was developed by José Luis Farias, director of 3D Wire. The presentation was a reflection of how the animation and video games industries are condemned to converge by their technological connection and the professionals who work in them. The pitch also talked about the latest tools are being developed in the narrative and in the technology, disciplines as current as virtual reality, gamification or the concept Transmedia.
3D Wire and Casa da Animaçao celebrated a meeting, the cultural organization also participated last October in 3D Wire thanks to the presence of Jorge Ribeiro -president of Casa da Animaçao- and Vanessa Ventura- vice president of Casa da Animaçao.
3D Wire specially designed for this occasion a retrospective of the best of the Spanish animation short film of the last years. The session featured such important titles as Alike, nominated for the Cartoon D’Or Award 2016 or Nefertiti’s Hand, nominated for the Goya Awards, starring Tadeo Jones’ pets.
SHORT FILM SPANISH SESSION:
- Alike, from Daniel M. Lara and Rafa Cano (2015)
- Amor de Mono, from Paulo Mosca and Abel Sánchez (2015)
- Bailarás en el Infierno, from SAM (2015)
- Bendito Machine V – Pull the Trigger, from Jossie Malis (2014)
- Doomed, from Guillermo García Carsí (2010)
- Fude Samurai, from Renato Roldán (2016)
- A Lifestory, from Nacho Rodríguez (2013)
- La Lupe i en Bruno, from Anna Solanas and Marc Riba (2006)
- Made in Spain, from Coke Riobóo (2016)
- La Mano de Nefertiti, from Guillermo García Carsí (2012)